You will encounter many different forms of massage depending where around the world you travel. However in this modern age, you can probably find all significant forms of massage within a close proximity.
It’s Not as Easy as It Seems
When we were kids, there was no way that we would have stopped even once to consider whether what we were eating was good for us or not. We simply knew what we liked and what we didn’t like and ate what we wanted. These days, it is much more complicated. Between all the options we have now, we don’t know whether to try a diet or have a gluten free meal. All we know is that there is a need to watch what we eat, but where do we really begin?
Luckily, it is not quite as complicated as it seems. In the list below, we enumerate a number of pieces of advice from professionals to help you on your path to wellness and health through a proper meal and healthier meal.
But It Certainly is Possible
1. The Mediterranean Diet – This meal for the most part consists of hummus, olive oil and feta. All have been known to reduce your chances of having a heart disease.
2. Read the nutrition label before you make your purchase – Sure it is the front of every package that first catches our attention but be the wiser and don’t fall for the advertising which tells you what you want to hear. Instead, flip the package over to its backside and read the label found there. That’s where the real deal is. It is in those labels that you might find ingredients that are really not necessary for what you are buying.
3. Eat food that is actually grown – The thing with processed food is that it removes nutrients and fibers and adds sodium and sugar. While it may be true that it ought to be okay to indulge in an unhealthy snack every now and then but do balance it out with dishes that have little to no processing. Potatoes and eggs are grown, but a pop tart, not really such a good idea.
4. Eat something that is crunchy – You know the saying that it takes the stomach 20 minutes to tell the brain that you’re full? Well, the thing with eating something crunchy is that it takes longer to chew and therefore, gives your stomach more time to speak to your brain before you consume an amount of food that is really more than you need. Some examples of crunchy food would include peanuts and apples.
5. Be mindful of your meals – There is a saying that claims that your first few bites are the most important bites of your meal. After you’ve had a few bites, your taste buds are not as alive and because they have now toned down, are no longer as enjoyable as they had been. So, when you sit at the table and start to eat, enjoy each bite, savor it, relish in it and enjoy the taste of each bite, because they won’t be as good towards the end of your meal.
6. Water can be your best friend – Not only is water essential to life and keeps your body functioning the way it was meant to function, but it also keeps you from overeating. Having said that, did you know that sometimes you are not actually hungry but that you are actually thirsty? So, if you’re wondering why you’re still hungry after having just eaten, try having a glass of water. You might find that it was all that you needed.
7. Eat your meals on time – Some people may argue with this belief but what cannot be argued is that if you eat your meals on time, you are then also keeping your metabolism running at its optimum speed while having your energy boosted without fluctuation. You will also be able to attain a better alertness and will be able to focus better. Eating on time also helps you retain your weight as it keeps you from overeating when you do eat again after 10 hours!
8. Never be far from a healthy snack – All too often people find themselves munching on a bag of processed chips because they were hungry and did not have something healthier near them. This is why popularity has grown towards keeping non-perishable snacks in your desk drawer or gym bag. Following this practice will for sure help you stay healthy without having to starve yourself between meals.
9. Find the perfect balance between healthy eating and rewarding yourself with a treat – This little trick has been known to help people stay motivated and on the right path to better health. Some have gone as far as to saying that they tend to give up entirely if they can’t even enjoy a chocolate bar once in a while. So, go ahead and have that donut, do not deprive yourself because that may just make matters worse.
10. Forget low-fat versions of food that you enjoy – Without overindulging yourself, if there is a food that you love, then go ahead and eat it. There is no point in opting for a diet food that will leave you hungry and wanting more anyway and may even be counterproductive. You are better off eating what you love exactly the way you love it that way when you’re done, you feel rewarded and have been able to enjoy it as you always have.
11. When eating meat, eat what has not yet been processed – For example, a chicken. You are far better off eating a chicken as a chicken. Avoid going for the chicken nugget because ultimately, do you know what they put in that nugget before you eat it? You want to steer clear of meats like sausages which are probably covered in sodium as opposed to nutrients that your body actually needs.
12. Eat at home – While it is recognized that this is easier said than done, it remains something that is highly recommended because it allows you to make the healthier choice. It is definitely not as easy as ordering a bucket of chicken but by investing in the time to rinse and chop your food, you are also allowing yourself the opportunity to see exactly what you’re eating and can make intelligent decisions on the ingredients you want in your meal.
Get Yourself the Meal You Deserve
While we know that eating healthy will extend our lives by many years and will prevent us from countless possible health problems, it remains very easy and convenient to eat what is wrong, especially since it can also taste so good. But it is really best to watch what you eat and avoid suffering the consequences later on. With this benefit of eating healthy, and these tips so as how to make it work for you, there is no need to live a life of processed food and unhealthy practices. Make your life a better life in an overall scenario and reap the benefits of healthy eating.
Bonus Tip: Massage Therapy for Better Health
While it used to be said that massage therapy was an unnecessary luxury only afforded by the rich and famous, it has relatively recently been discovered that massage therapy can indeed enrich the lives of people as it happens to also aid in achieving better health.
With examples such as massage therapy helping the blood flow smoother throughout a person’s body to the fact that it speeds up one’s metabolism, massage therapy has proven to be an essential part of health and wellness and should be practiced regularly in order to make the most out of your road towards better health.